Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wow...

I am without words. Well, except for these three statements.

  1. Boy was I wrong in my theory, and yet...not wrong. While Donna didn't die literally, who she had become did die. I'm going to miss you so much, Donna.
  2. RTD is a horrible, naughty cheater and tease. He gave me the "I love you" I was looking for, and managed to do it without letting us actually hear it. Thankfully, I could tell from the movement of his jaw and cheek that it was exactly what he was saying, and it was confirmed by Julie Gardner that the Doctor whispered "I love you" in Rose's ear.
  3. I think I will remember the moment with all the Doctor's loved ones around the TARIS console, flying Earth home for the rest of my life.

Oh, and to cheat, here's one more. I can guarantee that you'll see a huge wave of Blue Suit Doctor and Rose fanfics, but that's nothing new. Fanfic writers have been writing stories of the Doctor and Rose reuniting and having a life together ever since they split two years ago. I'm afraid that, as a wannabe writer myself, I just can't resist the siren call of writing how the other Doctor and Rose manage a life together with him with a normal lifespan and the inability to regenerate and Rose having to fix this Doctor like she did the original one. It's just too good a situation to resist writing about. I almost feel like RTD was giving this to fanfic writers. Well, then, thanks Russell!

0 comments: